Are you the kind of person who makes New Year’s resolutions on December 31st, only to break them by January 31st? If you answered, “Yes,” rest assured you are not alone.
The new year symbolizes a fresh start. A new chapter in the book of your life. You are the writer, director, and star of your own major motion picture.
Be careful what you wish for!
You can, and should, have goals and dreams, but don’t set yourself up for failure.
Write down the answers to these five questions.
- Who are you today?
- What are you doing with your life?
- Are you with people who really “get” you?
- What percentage of your life is happy?
- How many times have you cried yourself to sleep this year?
Now let’s look at the answers you’ve provided and delve a little deeper. happy new year messages 2022
- If you know who you are today and you don’t want to change a thing about yourself, skip to the next question. But, if you don’t know the answer, then ask yourself who you do want to be. Name your number one role model.
- If you’re happy with the way you’re living your life, skip to the next question. If not, ask yourself which aspect of your life you would like to change. Then, develop a realistic action plan and timetable for changing your life. Remember to include small goals, as well as large ones. Take tiny steps one day at a time.
- If the people in your life “get” you, and still love and accept you, skip to the next question. If they don’t, ask yourself what you’re hiding from them. Are you “authentic” in front of your friends and family? Are you a chameleon who changes with every person, every group? Most importantly, are you true to yourself? If you’re not, decide how to get “in touch” with your inner being, and learn how to shed the old tapes that play mind games with you.
- If you are happy 100% of the time, skip to the next question. If you’re not, then write down a list of things that you find joyful, that make your heart leap, that motivate and excite you. Prioritize this list.
- If you’ve not cried yourself to sleep at all this year, skip this question. But, if you have, ask yourself if there was a recurring theme to your sadness. What was it that haunted your dreams and thoughts, night after night? Did the melancholy sweep over you during the day, or did it rear its ugly head as you lay quietly in the darkened room? Do you feel unloved, misunderstood, and alone?
If you skipped 4 of the 5 questions, then your life is pretty much on track, and your resolutions will be fairly straight forward. But, if you found yourself answering each question in depth, then you need to alter your life significantly. You are unfulfilled and are not living up to your potential. You may be settling for very little because you feel unworthy or undeserving of love and happiness.